As the temperature drops in winter, the water pump will be stopped in many cases due to the temperature. At this time, the repair and maintenance of the water pump becomes particularly important. Let us share the maintenance method of water pump in winter
1. After the sprayer pump is stopped, drain the remaining water in the pump and the pipeline, and clean the external soil to prevent the pump body and the water pipeline from expanding and cracking after freezing.
2. Cast iron parts such as foot valve and water pump elbow should be brushed with a wire brush first, then brushed with anti-rust paint, and then painted. After drying, it should be stored in a ventilated and dry place in the computer room or storage room.
3. If the belt is driven by a belt, the belt should be disassembled, washed with warm water after drying, and hung in a dry place away from direct sunlight, and should not be stored in a place with oil, corrosion and smoke. Under no circumstances should the belt be stained with oily substances such as oil, diesel or gasoline, or coated with rosin and other sticky substances
4. Check ball bearings such as inner and outer sleeves for wear, looseness, worn balls or spots on the surface. replace them. For bearings that do not require replacement, clean with gasoline or kerosene, lubricate and reinstall
5. Check whether the impeller of the water pump has cracks or small holes, and whether the fixing nut of the impeller is loose. If it is damaged, it should be repaired or replaced. If the impeller is too worn or damaged, it should usually be replaced with a new one. Local damage can be repaired by welding or epoxy mortar impeller, and the repaired impeller should generally be subjected to static balance test. Check if the clearance of the impeller anti-friction ring exceeds the specified value, it should be repaired or replaced
6. Severely bent or worn pump shafts should be repaired or replaced, otherwise unbalanced rotors and associated parts wear will result
7. Removed screws are soaked in diesel, cleaned with a wire brush, coated with engine oil or butter, reinstalled or wrapped in plastic sheeting, and placed (or stored in diesel) to avoid corrosion or loss
Six ways to keep your water pump from freezing
Water pump freezing is common, especially in northern regions. It is easy to freeze in winter. In view of this situation, we have summarized the following measures to maintain the pump. The following six items are the precautions for winter pumps. More maintenance should be done to prevent the pump from cracking and shortening the life of the pump
1. Drain the water in the pump and add water when using. Prevents water pumps from freezing and breaking
2. If the water pump freezes, pour hot water or boiling water into the water pump to melt the ice. or heating water pump housing
3. Use a downhole pump. Put the pump in the ground. In general, groundwater pumps are deep above the ground and do not freeze. Use insulating water. . . Add steam or heat to the insulation to prevent the pump from freezing
5. A non-self-priming centrifugal pump is used. When using, add water
6. Place the pump in a normal temperature environment. Zero is enough.
Address: Tangpu Village, Peng Street, Luqiao District, Taizhou City, Zhejiang Province
Mobile: 13968559999 18958629999